Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Fathers Day


I love father's Day. It is a great opportunity to show extra love and service to the wonderful men in my life. My cute husband is an amazing man that has taught me more about love than I ever thought was imaginable. He knows how to love unconditionally. He is very attentive and enjoyable to be around. It is amazing how hard he has worked this past year improving his life, attitude and habits. He is a great strength and support to me. I am grateful he is the father of my children and they get to call him dad. He is in every sense of the word. Thank you, Max, I love you.
Today Max was awakened to a breakfast in bed, (of course after moving sleeping Chloe out of the way...) Blueberry scones with lemon glaze and a fruit smoothie. Of course there was bacon on the side. He loves bacon.

For dinner he asked that couscous be included..... so not only was it included but it was the show stopper. I made him couscous stuffed Chicken breasts with sun dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives and Feta Cheese. He loved it. I have to say it was rather yummy. Thanks to Food network recipes. These flavors together were very complimentary.

We then finished the day full of calories with an awesome, but very simple apple dumpling recipe. Its sauce is nothing but butter sugar, vanilla and mountain dew... yes you read correctly mountain dew. My hubby loves his mountain dew, so when I read this recipe from the pioneer woman's web site I knew Max would have to try it. It Rocked!!!




Now I cannot end this posting about Father's Day with out mentioning my other favorite man in my life.... my Dad. I have no recent pics of him but this is the last digital picture I have of him before he went to Cambodia for his mission. I sure have been missing my parents lately, but I do know they are serving the Lord and helping those humble people in Phenom Pen. My dad is a happy man who loves to tease tease tease. He is a devoted man not only to God, but to his family and service. He has taught me more about how to serve with out expecting anything in return. He has been a great example of hard work and perseverance, even when times are not ideal. It is because of him and the love and life he has shown me that has laid the foundation of who I am and my life. Thanks Dad!!! I love you.

3 comments:

Amy Franklin said...

I love your scrapbook pages--are they digital? Now that I have my dig. camera I am thinking about going the digital scrapbook route but I am not sure if I want to get into it. Thanks for calling on my birthday! That was nice of you to remember! I am now in my mid-30's--yikes!

Me said...

What I want to know is how many husbands and fathers are so lucky as I am! It was a wonderful fathers day and I sure appreciated all the love from my girls and wife! They are very special to me and I hope that everyday I can do a little something special for them (that is at least my goal)

Susan said...

i love bacon. robert loves couscous...and you need to post the recipes.