Monday, January 7, 2008

Big Day!!


YEA!! Chloe is finally out of diapers completely. She is staying dry at night time. She is becoming such the big girl. We are very excited for her... No matter that we will not be buying diapers anymore. Very big step for the Gay family.
Yesterday being the first Sunday of the year, in primary, everyone gets to change classes. Before church usually my children are a challenge to get out of bed, well yesterday I said "who is going to be a sunbeam today?" Chloe popped right up with a huge smile on her face and said "I am a sunbeam, I don't have to go to the baby class anymore." She has a yellow flower dress, she wanted to wear because it was her "sunbeam" dress. Very exciting day for our family.
Me, being the Sunbeam teacher, had a realization as I was introduced to all the new sunbeams how young they are at the beginning of the year. (especially because one child just turned a young 3 y.o. in Dec., while Chloe turns a mature 4 y.o. in April, ) My teaching method last years sunbeams changed as they grew through the year. Sunday as I was teaching I realized I needed to resort back to a younger method, I felt a little unprepared as I was coming to the end of my prepared lesson and still had 20 minutes to go. Jen and I played get to know you games. It was a good reality check back into improv time. I don't think the kids knew, but I will be more prepared next Sunday.

4 comments:

Susan said...

PS...you've been tagged
http://gremhogs.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

How exciting for you and Chloe! I watched as you ladies struggled with the sunbeams and felt your pain. Hang in there!

Nikki said...

You are such a good sunbeam teacher. You are so patient. I apologize in advance for any trouble Ammon may be. PS. He just graduated from diapers too.(not ready to do night yet) It is a great thing. So congrats to Chloe!

Mike and Mary Lee said...

Happy for you and Chloe to have passed that phase. Fun to have your own little Chloe in class. Maybe she decided to not wear diapers anymore since she was out of the baby class. It is a great day.