Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Whew I am glad last week is over!

I can get back to normal with Max healthy and back to work. He had some chest pains that really resembled heart problems and with his family history we did not want to take any chances. We worried all week that "something" was going on. There is only one way to know if he is having a heart attack, by doing a cardio gram, which includes a catheter inserted into his superior vena cava (ie. major leg vein) placing a dye into all the arteries and with Xrays looking at all the arteries in the heart to see if there are any blockages. Well after hearing all the possibilities Max and I were pretty worried. We were very grateful for doctors who knew what to do and was willing to be quick. (allowing minimum time to worry) With all the nervousness, prayers, and well wishing the procedure was quick. The cardiologist said he is all clear and looks great!!! Well even after the procedure and we got home (after 4 hours of laying down) he still complained of a chest pain... I looked at him and said you can have all the chest pains you want.... I now know it isn't a heart attack. What a relief. Maybe you shouldn't play the Wii for a while. wink wink. We are glad everything is okay. ...sigh of relief.

8 comments:

Katrina said...

Hope he's fine. Sorry about the stressful week! I've got sick kids driving me crazy.
Does Max know what heartburn feels like? JK Could that be all it is?
Kevin has never felt more ailments since becoming bishop, it really does take ya on physically, not just spiritually. (I'd name some of them, but he'd be embarrassed!)
(So glad I never have to worry about that!)

Mimi said...

We love you and are so relieved that everything is okay!!! Just wondering how he found his family history from the dog pound!!!! Tell him not to stop worrying - I have atleast 3 heart attacks a day!! Love you, Mimi

Tammy said...

we are all happy that Max is fine. I hope that the wii doesn't cause chest pains because then my kids must be dying from pain. Well not so much now that school has started.

Unknown said...

What is Wii?
Happy Max is doing well and he has had a warning to eat well and get fit. :-)

Susan said...

does Wii help with chest pains? now that is an interesting concept. So glad he's OK...so, what? Just too much stress?

Max and Deborah said...

The Wii is mentioned because he was playing the Wii (nintendo video game that you have to move your body to move the characters on the TV) the night before is chest pains started. I have teased him that the Wii is what caused him to pull a muscle of some sort. He doesn't think it is, but it is just a funny side note. I have to tease him about.

Kate said...

Glad to hear all is well.

kimlis said...

Max,

Glad things checked out for you. Keep an eye on things but don't worry too much. I went through the gamut and when I read about anxiety on the net, I laughed hard at how seriously I was taking myself. Check that out sometime...