Monday, August 25, 2008

Easing the burden


I am amazed at how people make all the difference of sticky situations. My family had a slight CRISIS yesterday and I am so grateful for people helping and serving. Not that I like being at the hand of service, but it always amazes me of how willing people are to step up and help. It made EVERY aspect of our situation less burdensome. I again understand why Christ has asked us to love our neighbor and help ease the burdens of others. It makes challenging situations easier to bear. I hope that I am able to serve and "pay it forward" being aware of others every need and help ease their burdens. I appreciate all the prayers, visits, calls, food, babysitting and help. Wow I am overwhelmed with gratitude. THANK YOU!!!

6 comments:

Susan said...

we learn to serve by being served, you know. That's what my mom always taught altho she didn't like to live that rule, either.

Kate said...

Not sure what went on with you, but sorry for whatever it was. I'm so glad that people reached out! :)

Katrina said...

Of course, now you need to call or email and let me know what's up! Hope everything is okay! Love ya, Deb!

Nikki said...

Well I hope everything is okay,even though I don't know what happened.. If you still need anything let me know.

Mike and Mary Lee said...

We just had a conference with Elder Christofferson newest of the 12 and Sister Christofferson's talk was on gratitude. It is so wonderful to have the blessing of people helping when you need it. It is also wonderful to hear thanks for that help when given. Not that we do it for the thanks, but always noted. So happy Max is out of the hospital.

Tammy said...

glad everything has turned out okay.