Thursday, November 8, 2007

Things that make me smile

Alta came home yesterday just sharing a bunch of trivia about the pilgrims and the first thanksgiving. This along with many other thought provoking readings, like the Ensign conference issue, has made me think of somethings I am grateful for and make me smile. I thought I would give a list and encourage those who read to do the same on their blogs.

10) A warm bed especially waking up to a 3 yo smiling at you while snuggling to your side 1/2 the night. Knowing they came into bed because we can protect them from nighttime shadows that scare her. How did I become the protector when I am the one often looking for comfort that a strong arm can provide?

9.) My husband going to work with a smile on his face. Yea Yea!!

8.) Daylight savings time allowing me to get my children on an earlier bed time routine. Not only allows me more evening time, but happier children in the morning.

7.) Hot chocolate. I have a very special way to make my hot chocolate, but I especially like it with a non dairy hazelnut cream, just a touch not too much.

6.) I am enjoying being a Visiting Teacher lately. I feel I am doing a better job and trying to not only visit the sisters, but also looking to help meet their needs as much as I am able.

5.) My children. My little Chloe taking care of her sweet dolls. She has a little wash cloth washing their face and hands making them all clean. Putting them to sleep with a special blanket and pillow. Alta asking me to get her a space ship so she can go to the moon. Thinking I am able to get her what ever she can think of.

4.) Music!!!! I love an inspiring piece of music that lifts my spirits.

3.) A clean house. When everything is in its right place I feel a fulfillment that I am doing something right. This doesn't happen as often as I would like.

2.) My family being together and loving each other. Not only for eternity, but through the daily routine as well. We love playing games together.

1.) I know the truth. I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I understand His plan and it helps me get a perspective on life especially when it is being disrupted. I can still have a peace inside. I love the Scripture. "Be still and know that I am God."

4 comments:

Mike and Mary Lee said...

I can feel of your peace. Expressing appreciation feels you with more and more love of God. Thanks.

Susan said...

xcellent things to be thankful for. I'm thankful for your blog and the memories it reawakens in this ol' heart/mind.

Me said...

I am thankful for you most of all my beautiful wife! Thank you for being one of the lights in my life.

Tammy said...

great thoughts Deb! Have a great thanksgiving.