Sunday, November 18, 2007

"Shoes for my baby girl!"


I have a cute little story about Chloe. For the past 2-3 months Chloe has claimed that she has "babies in her belly" one is a boy and one is a girl. She is very adamant that she is going to have twins. I have just let it go thinking that she will forget about it and move on. Well that hasn't quite happened. Two weeks ago she came up to me and was upset, I asked her what was wrong and she was worried she hadn't had her babies yet. She asked me how long until they come out, mom? I did not know what to say so I reassured her that she will get to have her babies after she grows up and gets married. She grabs my face by placing her hands on both of my cheeks, looks into my eyes and said "They have to be inside me for thaaaaat long?" I giggled and said you have to get married first. Well, she is now marring Westley from school and they are going to have twins, a girl and a boy. Fine, I said. Yesterday we went shoe shopping. As I was looking at the different tennis shoes Chloe spotted a sparkly pink pair of slipper like shoes. She steps down from the extended cart/ bus they have at Target and said over and over, "My baby is gonna love these shoes. I have got to get them for her. She needs shoes. I know she is going to LOVE these shoes. I have got to get them for her." As she is saying this she grabs a pair and throws them into the back of the cart to purchase them, then steps back into the bus. She continues on and on about how her baby is going to love them. I could not help but laugh. She was disappointed when I told her we couldn't buy those $12 slippers for her baby. That I would get them after she has her baby, she was concerned they would be gone by then. I promised her that I would get them for her baby after she has her baby. She seemed okay with it. This is the picture of the shoes at Target aren't they beautiful. She is in the nesting stages already. She will be a wonderful mother someday, by the way she cares for her dolls and her "babies".

6 comments:

Susan said...

how sweet! and doesn't it make you wonder what might be growing inside Chloe one day?

Mike and Mary Lee said...

Very interesting, little Chloe thingking about being a mother. Never had that experience with one of my own.

Tammy said...

very funny story!

Amy said...

?Is chloe getting twin dolls for Christmas?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

We look at our young girls as dolls. We would like to have them dressed fashionably. Now, styling them just got even better. Twinkie now offers different fashionable baby shoes for girls that you would really want to be worn by your little Barbie. They come in lovely colors that would definitely match different wardrobes with consideration to the occasion they will be attending. You will never imagine that baby shoes for girls would be this stylish.