Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pavarotti Died today

I am saddened today as I learn of the death of my most favorite voice. Pavarotti's perfectly pitched tenor voice was my favorite sound. Every time I listen to his voice, but especially in this song Nessun Dorma my eyes would tear, especially on the dramatic last note... as he sings V-I-N-C-E-R-O!!!
It was a dream/ goal of mine to hear Pavarotti in person. Now I will have to settle to hear him singing in the choir of heaven. As I would drive in my car, I would put this CD in and blare the music through the speakers conducting to myself. Enjoying every note.... especially the last, bringing tears to my eyes. I love the words and meaning to the song of love conquering all. Nessun Dorma means "no one sleeps" in Italian. Puccinis opera Turandot. I can't wait to see this opera someday. No one sleeps till love is found and conquers all. Did you know I was such a romantic at heart. This link takes you to the interpretation of the opera and translates this song. I hope you enjoy it as it is my favorite song. It seems to pierce an area of my heart that rarely is touched.

http://home.earthlink.net/~markdlew/comm/turandot.htm

1 comment:

Rocket Man said...

I just wanted to say that I Love You and I am glad that you are my wife. What a true blessing you are

Have a good day