Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Love having a dog.

I just want to say I am grateful for Michelle giving us Lexi a Shih Tzu dog. This little dog has given my children so much love and attention. These girls of mine treat her as if she is just a baby doll by giving rides in strollers, dressing in doll clothes, playing fetch, hide-n--go-seek, or just love time. At first I thought Lexi just tolerated them playing with her, but I have learned she absolutely loves the girls. I have realized that if I come home with out children she wines and wines at me because she wants to be with the girls. Lexi gets all excited as I get ready to leave she runs to the door barking happily because she thinks it is time for a ride to get the girls. She usually will ride with Chloe and I as we go pick up Alta on the days I don't work. Right this very minutes Chloes is reading a book to Lexi and telling her all about it, while Lexi sits next to her appearing to look at the book. I have to describe it because I have no camera. I guess I did not realize that having a pet dog in the house is like having another family member. I grew up with no animals in the house, "they belong outside." I have to say I felt this way for many years and I can appreciate not having animals smells in the house. Which is why I love the Shih Tzu's because they don't shed. At this point I see the friendship that is made between my girls and their dog and I wouldn't trade it, smell or no smell. These girls love their Lexi.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

It is true that kids love there pets. I have seen Mike cry only a few times, but when we put our dog Beau to sleep he was VERY upset and sad. However, that didn't occur with the cat - maybe it is just dogs!

Mike and Mary Lee said...

A sweet story about the girls and their dogs. I think you can love animals that live out side. I know I love our old dog Pudge and I even love that crazy dog that follows the Rave around hoping for us to show up some time.

Mike and Mary Lee said...

correction - dog